Magdalene and David
- Certified Organic by OPAM (Organic Producers Association of Manitoba) 1995 – 2007. no longer certified since summer 2007 – but still growing according to organic standards.
- Ten years with Mennonite Central Committee in South Africa, Saskatoon (Sask. Canada) and Lesotho, (Southern Africa) 1981-1991
- Began Room To Grow Greenhouse business in 1993 – expanded with the Strawbale Guesthouse in 2002.
- Certified ‘Local Food Plus’ in 2010 – see: www.localfoodplus.ca
- Designed and built 16 sided, off grid, rammed earth / timber frame house 2016-2021
- Honours BA from University of Waterloo 1982.
- Director on Mennonite Central Committee (Manitoba) board from 1993 to 1997.
- B Ed (After Degree) from Brandon University in 2000.
- Master of Education (Special Education) from Brandon University 2008.
- Certified in FAST Reading Program, MathRecovery Program, Roots of Empathy.
- Post Baccalaureate Diploma as a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing from University of Manitoba, 2014.
- Has held employment in various schools within the local school division as a Sign Language Tutor, Classroom Teacher (various grade levels K-9), Resource Teacher, Interim Principal, and Interim Assistant Superintendent of Student Services, 2001-2023
- Currently retired from full time teaching and doing contract work with individuals, the school division, and Brandon University.
- Founding member of Organic Food Council of Manitoba in 2000 – a regional arm of Canadian Organic Growers.
- Co-Founding director of Turtle Mountain Community Development Corporation (TMCDC) – 1997.
- Founder/Chair of the Agriculture Committee under the TMCDC. 2002 – 2009
- Writer/Editor of the 2002 ‘Organic Food Guide to Manitoba’.
- Editor/Publisher of the 2004 ‘Successful Small Farms in Southwest Manitoba’ booklet.
- Co-Founder/Chair/ Board Member of Turtle Mountain – Souris Plains Heritage Assoc. 2005 – 2023
- Co-Reviver/Chair of Boissevain-Morton Farmers’ Market. 2008 – 2011
- Co-Founder/Leadership Team of Manitoba Farm Mentorship program of OFCM-COG. 2008 – 2011
- Federal and Provincial Green Party Candidate, 2013, 2015, 2019
- Author of Vantage Points Flashbacks, stories aired weekly on CJRB radio 2022-2023